On this episode, Cat chats with Mike Rognlien: Mike is the Chief Builder of Awesome People at his consulting firm, Multiple Hats Management, where he helps organizations through Learning & Development, management, facilitation, and unconscious bias consulting.
Mike’s expertise comes from years as a learning and development leader in the Silicon Valley, most notably and most recently at Facebook, where he helped the company create, define, and build its famously awesome culture. Mike is the author of a new book called This Is Now Your Company, where he shares his wisdom from his time at Facebook. Cat has the pleasure of calling Mike a former colleague from their years at Facebook where they both worked on the Learning & Development team together, and more importantly, she gets to call Mike a dear friend.
In this awesome episode, Mike and Cat get real about finding meaning at work, taking ownership over your life and career. Topics include:
- Working at Facebook
- Helping build the culture for a major tech company
- Unconscious Bias
- Speaking authentically, living your authentic self at work and at home
- Having hard conversations
- What is your life worth?
- What would you do if you weren't afraid?
- How to never settle and how to live your best life
- How to expand your self awareness and personal consciousness
- What does success mean
- And of course, Oprah
Be sure to check this episode out now! Mike's candor and authenticity will inspire you to live your best life. Learn more about Mike Rognlien and his new book here:
Mike on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/badmikeyt
Where to buy This Is Now Your Company:
- On Facebook Directly: https://www.facebook.com/thisisnowyourcompany
- On Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1634891171/